smoothies


I am not a fan of breakfast.  It takes too long and I don't have the time.  But recently I discovered fruit smoothies.  It started when I got engaged.  I registered for KitchenAid's super expensive blender and justified it with thoughts of "I'm going to make so many smoothies!"  I had never made a smoothie before.  Well, I got my beloved blender.  And it hung out in the huge pile of gifts until my husband had his front tooth removed.  Don't ask.  So being the good wife I am, I made him a banana smoothie.  And it was the best thing I've ever made.  Seriously.  I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.  Bananas, milk, ice, vanilla, mix, done.  Quicker than coffee.  And I've been bringing smoothies to work ever since.

Ingredients
2              bananas
6              ice cubes
splash     cream
1/2 c       milk
1/2 t       vanilla
dash       cinnamon

Throw ingredients in blender and blend.  

Substitutions
The cream is not necessary but does make the smoothie a little thicker.  If you want a healthy alternative, add your favorite yogurt instead.  

I also like to switch it up and add in a little peanut butter or mixed berries.  I introduced these to my stepdad last week who added a spoonful of protein powder.  It was delish!

1 comment:

  1. I tried this and it was delicious. The only alterations/customizations I added to your recipe was an additonal Gluten supplement. I have found that the additional gluten adds to taste, texture, and overall wellness. Wellness is critical to good character, so i recommend you try:)

    ReplyDelete