Angry Verbs

Okay, these last few weeks have been absolutely crazy with report cards coming up. But we have completed some pretty fun lessons that I'm excited to share with you. I came across this Angry Verbs lesson on Pinterest and thought I would try it out.  We have been working a lot on grammar basics this year (in September, my students could not consistently identify the verb in a sentence).  They have been making a lot of progress and last Friday, we reviewed action verbs and helping verbs.  Then each student wrote a sentence on their angry bird, underlined the helping verb, and circled the action verb.  Here is how they turned out.


They had a blast working on this and it's been all they've talked about since.  I can't wait to see their little faces tomorrow morning when they see the display!

No comments:

Post a Comment