a few of my favorite things






My little sister and I have been running together twice a week since August.  Being 12, I figured she would be too cool for me.  Luckily she loves the time we spend together just as much as I do.  Last Saturday, we ran the Jolly Jaunt, a 5k in Boston that raises money for the Special Olympics.  It's my favorite race because the runners dress up in holiday gear and wear jingle bells on their sneakers.  The course runs down Commonwealth Avenue and back, which makes for great views of all the outfits of the runners ahead and behind you (not to mention all the beautiful brownstones).

Since this was the first year my sister ran the Jolly Jaunt, naturally I had to make her a tutu to match mine.  I found a super easy, (almost) no sew tutorial here and a measurement guide here.  I say almost no sew because you need to sew the elastic together.  Have an irrational fear of needles and thread you say?  Use a hot glue gun.  Happy no sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment