top down web

Well, I think my school is officially the last one to start.  We still have over a week left of vacation!  (If you are jealous now, you won't be in June.) In preparation for the new year, a couple of my colleagues and I went to our Keys to Literacy Coach training today in order to plan our coaching sessions for the year.  I received some great ideas for reviewing KTL note-taking skills.

When I got home, I was so excited to start that I immediately downloaded the free Inspirations app on my iPad and created the following top down web.  Although the app has its limits, it gets the job done and is very user-friendly.



I plan to use this web during the first week of school to not only remind them how to make top down webs, but also to share a little bit about myself.  Then they will create their own.

Is anyone else out there using Keys to Literacy in their school?  It's a great program, but I don't see much talk about it in the blog world.  So if you use it, give me a shout out and let me know how it's going in your classroom!

I hope everyone's first weeks are going smoothly!



No comments:

Post a Comment