may goals


Today I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  It is the last week before our math state tests, and I feel like I am just cramming information into my kiddos' brains.  And the kids are so excited about the nice weather that they are having a hard time keeping control.  While I can't blame them, we still have almost 40 school days left!  I find myself feeling frustrated at the end of the day instead of feeling like I accomplished something.

Needless to say this Linky from I {heart} Recess couldn't come at a more perfect time.  Tonight I regrouped and came up with some goals that I can accomplish for the month of May.  I'm feeling better already.


Personal: Stick to my budget
This month I have a lot A LOT of upcoming events that my hubby and I will have to pay for.  I run the fundraising for a 5-day field trip at school, and its biggest fundraiser is this weekend AND I have my sister-in-law's 30th birthday to celebrate.  I also have my mother's birthday, Mother's Day, my twin sister's baby shower, and a Red Sox game Memorial Day weekend.  This doesn't even take into consideration the fact that I MAY OR MAY NOT want to grab a margarita after work with the girls.  The hubs and I are very good about sticking to our allowance of $100 each per paycheck.  But this month it's going to be difficult. 

Health: Finish my training for the Tough Mudder
This year, 3 teachers and I are participating in the Tough Mudder in June.  It is a 10-12 mile course with 30 obstacles and the goal is just to finish!  In fact, their motto is to put camaraderie over your finish time.  The 4 of us have been training together through the winter, and we are in the home stretch now!

Blogging: Double my amount of followers
In the last two weeks, I have started gaining more followers.  I am really enjoying meeting all these new bloggers and gaining new ideas for my own teaching.  So I would like to continue the momentum in May because, you know, you can never have too many friends. ;)

School: Motivate my students to behave
I am finding that this past month has been very hard on me and my students.  They are just CHECKED OUT. I am trying to keep them motivated.  So my co-teacher and I decided to give the kids the chance to earn free time during dismissal every day.  Those that earn it get to go outside, and those that don't will stay in.  We began this today and I had to keep in a small group.  I honestly think they didn't expect me to follow through with my threat.  Well now you know!

Fun: Finish Downton Abbey
Ahh.  My favorite show of late.  I really cannot get enough of Downton Abbey.  I watched the first two seasons on OnDemand a couple weeks ago, and I am so upset that the third season isn't available!  I am tempted to pay $2 per episode just to get my fix.  But I can't.  It's not in my budget.  Anyone out there wanna lend me their netflix login??? :)




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Your day sounds like my year. I took a half day today because I couldn't take it anymore. I was about to flip out 15 minutes into my day. Hope tomorrow is better for both of us!

    I feel overwhelmed for you as I read all of the things you have coming up this month! I need to watch Downton Abbey, I think I am the only one who hasn't watch it :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Season 3 of Downton from my library. We were able to borrow it for a week at no charge-so check there. You may be able to get your fix for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post on Jess' linky. I can relate on the budget thing--sometimes it seems impossible! There's always cute things I want to buy/make for my class, but that means less I have to spend on other things.. such hard decisions!

    Good luck reaching your blogging goal. I'm sure you'll get there soon! I'm following now. :)

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Training for the tough mudder...that is totally awesome! Your newest follower...

    http://katesclassroomcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40 days of school left!! I feel so bad for you. I am going to watch Downtown Abbey this summer and can't wait!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the idea Bethany! I reserved it from my library. Can't wait!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tough mudder sounds fun (in a sick kind of way!)

    let me help with your followers!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete