currently may

Despite the fact that my week did not start well, my kids were angels for the rest of the week. My co-teacher and I decided to give them the behavior incentive of letting them go outside for the last 15 minutes of the day. The kids have really responded to this and it's so cute to see them get excited when I bring sneakers to play kickball!

 Today I am linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for May's Currently.  I am so happy that we have the math MCAS on Monday which means I have no more math prepping/cramming to do.  My kiddos are READY! The stress has literally melted off my shoulders, so much so that my May Currently has nothing to do with school.  (sigh)





Listening
My favorite Saturday morning routine is to drink my coffee while watching Fashion Police.  Joan Rivers is so hysterical and I love to start my day off by laughing.




Loving
This week I have noticed a huge influx of greenery.  All of the sudden, the trees are covered with leaves and the cherry blossoms are blooming.  Everyday when I walk my dog, I discover a new flower.  I love this time of year.  Massachusetts is so beautiful and it means winter is pretty much as far away as it can get!

This year, I acquired an oh-so-lovely allergy to pollen which I am NOT loving.  This is my first experience with allergies, and I honestly do not know how you all cope.  Do you get used to it?  Take lots of meds?  If so, what do you take?  Please help!




Thinking
I need to call my mom for her birthday today.  She is a wonderful, confident, and beautiful woman and I am so thankful for her.  But I have been so busy lately that I haven't called her in a little while so I need to wait until I have a good amount of free time to chat!





Wanting
Last year, I got blonde ombre highlights for the summer and I loved them.  Not too much, just a couple at the ends.  I have been debating whether to get them again this year because...well...I have a  hard time justifying spending money on my hair.  I only cut it about twice a year, and highlights are just so expensive!  But I have FINALLY found a hairdresser that I trust.  And after these last few stressful weeks, I deserve a splurge.  Right?  Right.




Needing
My twin sister is having a baby this summer, and her baby shower is in a couple weeks!  I am very excited to see her.  I haven't seen her since Easter, and I can't wait to check out her big baby bump!  For her baby shower, I want to make these Berry Meringue Cakes for the guests.  I have never made a meringue, so I plan to do some experimenting this weekend.






Summer Bucket List
I only have one item on my summer bucket list and that is to buy a house!  My hubby and I have been living in a tiny one bedroom apartment for the last three years.  The rent is so cheap and our landlords are the nicest people, but we are ready for our own place.  If any of you live in the Boston suburban area, you will understand when I say that you get NOTHING for your money.  Nothing.  Hubby and I were actually laughing in bed this morning when we saw a new house come on the market...2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 900 sqft, needs a full rehab, $275k.  What????





Okay everyone, I am off to run with a fellow Tough Mudder teammate.  We are running 4.5 miles of hiking trails today.  Wish me luck!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. Hello! Super cute blog! OMG I am shorter than my student too! I currently teach 3rd, 4th, and 5th so that is really sad, but next year I am teaching middle school so they are going to tower over me! I am jealous you are doing the tough mudder. I love to run but this year I have been too busy with grad school and moving! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the ombre! As teachers, we have to treat ourselves now and then and the summer is the best time to do it. You deserve it!

    Enjoy spring in Massachusetts. I lived in western MA for 5 years and I loved the spring, the fall, the winter, the summer...I just loved it all!

    Happy to have found you on the May Currently! I'm your newest follower!

    Mrs. O
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete