five for friday


Thank goodness it's Friday.  It has been a CRAZY week!  Here is a little run-down.



Monday and Tuesday were set aside for the math MCAS.  Luckily it was beautiful out so we gave them an extended recess afterward.  I love this because it gives me a chance to spend time with the kids outside the classroom.  Lately, I've been playing kickball!  I'm not the best player, but having a teacher on the field keeps the arguing to a minimum.


This Monday, we are walking the Freedom Trail and visiting the Old South Meeting House to reenact the debate that led to the Boston Tea Party.  We have been prepping for this field trip for weeks now, and the kids are very excited.   Yesterday, we finished our prep by watching Disney's Johnny Tremain.


Today we had a half day and we all participated in a PTA fundraiser called the Jog-a-long.  The kids get sponsors and then run laps outside to raise money.  Today was a beautiful day, so one of my Tough Mudder teammates and I ran for the hour with the kids.  I was surprised to find that our running motivated the kids to begin running again when they'd otherwise walk.

Then this afternoon, members of central office served the teachers icecream sundaes as part of Teacher Appreciation Week!  



Finally, the hubs and I are spending tonight with takeout and movies.


Hope everyone has a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you play kickball with your kids! LOL! Only a fifth grade teacher can truly appreciate that! :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete