april vacation


Well, it's April vacation up here in Massachusetts.  For me, it means I can spend time tackling projects that are usually neglected while at the same time procrastinating on routine housework (the laundry pile isn't getting any smaller!)

First, I polished my silver candlesticks.  


Before


After a little tlc via $3.99 silver polish


Next up was my first sewing project!  My husband bought me a sewing machine for my birthday this year.  I have been super excited to use it.


I will not tell you what my project was because it's a surprise for someone who may or may not follow my blog.  But I'll tease you with a photo and post the full project later.



Next, I tackled my closet.  No joke it was a mountain of shoes.  I do not have a before picture, but here is my after shot.

Photo: It's been a productive day

When my hubby found out, he gave me a big THANK YOU.  God it feels good to be appreciated.  Even if I didn't do any laundry. :)




1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through the Dollar Days Linky and because your 10th follower! :o) I LOVE finding other MA bloggers, so I was extra excited when I happened upon your great blog! Your shoe collection is fabulous. I love the Patriots and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, too! And you have some really great ideas! Although I only teach third grade I really like your top-down web that you shared! Thanks!

    Tara
    http://teachingwithtwitte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete